Aside from offering something free, you must have your landing page professionally written and designed. A good landing page is much like a sales letter. While you may be looking for subscribers at first and not a hard sale, you should have a page that is good enough to entice your visitors to offer their email addresses. Here are 8 things you should consider when creating your landing page:
- Eye catching headline that grabs your visitor’s attention instantly and compels them to read on. Many refer to this as the hook. Does your headline have a hook? If not, work on it. You may find you have to test a few headlines to find out which one pulls in the most people.
- Brief introduction. Tell your customer who you are and what you are offering them. Don’t forget to list the benefits of what you have to offer. You can do this using a simple billeted list.
- An offer, whether you are offering a free product, newsletter or guide in exchange for an email address.
- A reminder that your visitor is receiving something free, that there is no charge, no risk and nothing to lose (provided you offer something free as one of your tactics to build your list).
- A privacy statement to assure your visitors you will keep their information personal and private. Many visitors will not enter their information unless they know their information will be kept private and confidential.
- Include your handwritten signature, which again builds trust and a personal experience for your visitor. Make sure when you include your signature it is legible. Signatures that are not legible usually suggest the author has something to hide.
- Make your free product offer look as professional as possible. Consider getting an eCover for it even if it is free, so your customers assume the free gift or product is worthwhile.
When you design a simple web page in this fashion, you have a very high possibility of transforming customers into subscribers. Depending on the niche, you may find anywhere from 20-50% of visitors subscribe when you create a great landing page.
Building a mailing list is one of the best ways to create a sustainable online business. However getting everything setup and working properly can be challenging especially if you’re new online or struggle with the technical stuff. If you want to get everything done for you and professionally installed then please take the time to check out this powerful solution…